Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Tricky Extrication

I'm finding it real hard to find a proper mover to go back to NS.

I'm in this shady nether-region where I've got too much stuff to move in the car, and can't really sell myself down to a movable load. (especially since some of it, namely the bed and desk, I need right up to my last day, with the roomate moving out ahead leaving with no couch) And still, it's too much to really effectively ship via the train or Greyhound.
But it's not quite enough to justify a mover... Tippet-Richardson did a site assessment but doesn't really want to do the job, cause it's at their lowest end in terms of their size and not really worth their while even if they gouge me, oh and gouge me they can.

To make matters worse, the roommate's situation's getting pretty unbearable. The grievances aren't even founded in REALITY anymore. My next roommate's going to be a robot. Logic, flawless recollect, and an inability to bend facts. This needs to end.

4 comments:

*****aholic said...

I'm going to Toronto in a couple of weeks. Whats the one restaurant/bar/club/whatever that I must hit before I go?

Wisetooth said...

The Docks

and

The Guvernment
are the two big "Premiere" venues but I guess there's nothing too unique about 'em.

TO's one of about 4 cities on this continent with an actual EBM/Industrial scene, that's pretty unique, try Funhaus or Savage Garden if you're curious about that. I love that shit.

This is London and The Mod Club are good conventional clubs.

Get yourself all you can eat Sushi at some point, unless you're from the west coast, in which case it's probably not that special.

Ching said...

*meow*

Would it be worth your while to rent a van to take your stuff back to NS instead of hiring professional movers?

I see that you are definitely ready for your weekend escape to Hamilton...maybe you can try out the wii with Derek? He's been bugging me about it but I really can't afford to get addicted.

Eldorado said...

hey.. Kyle here. I know Ching. And from the magic of the internet, I know you too!

good.. ok.. now that the introductions are out of the way.. *rips off 3 piece suit, to be left with a pair of jeans and a tshirt... flops down on the couch, picks up the remote, and starts flipping...*

Rent a cube van!

A lot of places allow you to return the rental to a location in a different area (Budget lets you do it with cars I know)... You can fit everything in, and hitch up your car (if you've got one) to the back of the van... and fill that up too, if you dont have enough room in the van!

All I know is that I moved my sister into her very own house in a U-Haul cube van.. Sure, the odd one out there doesn't have brakes... tires explode more than Ron Jeremy... and they're a bugger to drive if you've gotta change lanes... But it's completely functional and practical!

and all the way down, if you do this, you'll be able to ponder the importance of the little things in life that make you go "hmmmm"... like why they put a rearview mirror in the cube van when there's no rear window..

that's all.. glad to see another one got sucked in by the blog bug!