Saturday, January 6, 2007

The plan as it stands

So, I'm currently in Toronto, planning my escape back to Nova Scotia. It's been a great 3 years in the T-Dot, whole lotta learning, but it's time to go. It's 2007, and I've got my Dell savings in the bank, my transferrable skills, and a burning desire to be my own man again.

As it stands now, the plan is:

1) Move back East when the lease expires in March

2) Do Europe for 2 months with Ching after she finishes her MCAT.

3) Spend a few weeks on digging up the buried treasure quite possibly in the woods behind my grandparents camp on the Miramichi. (No, I'm not kidding!) I'll elaborate on this when the time comes. In the meantime, you claim jumpers can stay off my land. :-)

4) Get Masters of Electronic Commerce from Dalhousie in Halifax starting in September.



1, 2, and 3 are entirely contingent on number 4. I think if you don't have a concrete plan with what you're going to do to keep moving forward professionally, all the Don Quixote amateur archeology and back-pack globetrotting in the world need to go on the back-burner. But, as I've got this sorted out pretty good, this'll be the first time in my life I've ever had more than a few weeks to "do my own thing".

I've gone directly from high school to university, to university to industry... the concept of having half a calender year to... grow spiritually(??) is exciting as all get out.

No comments: