Sunday, January 28, 2007

Make way for Sitting Still

Sitting in Halifax airport cafe right now, waiting for the plane. It's going to be a long one, the weather isn't cooperating. Just got back from "Make Way For Youth" pilot weekend 3, in Sheet Harbour.

For the unitiated, MWFY is the program I've been in for about five months now. Long storey short, it's government funded programs to "reintegrate" skilled young people into rural Nova Scotia, and it's amounted to free flights and tourism. Hooray for marketable skills! My impending reintegration is going to be a damn site more urban than rural, but that's beside the point.

This one involved a bit too much of the old "sit and listen". And sit in the car. And now, sit in the airport (you can only pace so much in an airport before you get put on a watch list, or so I'm told) , and wait so you can sit for another 3 hours. I think my legs are going to atrophy.

BTW, Dubai is amazing. The more I read about it, the more I want to be an obscenely rich Arab real estate mogul. But don't we all?

1 comment:

wayno52 said...

Hey Chase! Welcome to the blogosphere. and Facebook! I hear you want to get the "team" back together - that's really excting! I've been thinking I'd love to take in Evolve again this year - and every year, now! Good luck with your move and reintegration, etc.

Wayne